Cow facts aren’t just for farmers! Sit down and grab your favorite crayons because we’re going to be coloring some cow facts coloring pages to learn about our adorable friends.
These interesting facts about cows are a fun resource for kids of all ages learning about cattle, farm animals, and mammals. Let’s get started!
Cow Facts FOR KIDS
- Cows are four-footed mammals with a large body, and a cute tail.
- There are over 800 different cattle breeds recognized worldwide.
- In the English language, cows are females, and male “cows” are called bulls or steers. A female calf is called a heifer calf and a male is called bull calf.
- Dairy cows are a type of domestic cows specifically bred for milk production, and they are an integral part of the dairy industry.
- There are 92 million cows in the United States.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, and butter are derived from the milk of dairy cows.
- The average body temperature of a cow is 101°F (38°C).
- Cows have four stomachs. The main stomach of a cow is called rumen and can hold 25 gallons of food.
- Cows typically eat about 2 percent of their body weight – around 24 pounds of food per day!
- Cows are social animals. You can have your own cow, just make sure to have lots of space and hay.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR COW FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Cow Facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Cow Facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Cow Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Which was your favorite cow fact from our fun facts list?