Who doesn’t love fun facts? Today we have the most interesting facts about New York! Download and print these facts about New York coloring pages, grab your crayons, and enjoy a day of coloring and learning fun!
Download New York Facts Printable PDF
New York Facts Coloring Pages
Did you know that the ice cream cone was invented in New York City over 100 years ago and that NYC has been the largest city in the U.S. since 1790? Yes, New York is the place where you can see Lady Liberty and many other important monuments, enjoy delicious foods, and listen to over 600 languages, but that’s just a tiny fraction of what New York is all about!
Let’s learn more about New York State and New York City!
COOL Facts About New York FOR KIDS
- With 20.2 million people, it is the fourth-most populous state in the United States, and its capital, New York City, is the most populous city in the country.
- New York, often called New York State, is the 11th state in the Northeastern United States. It has an area of 54,556 square miles.
- New York City was the first capital of the United States of America once the Constitution was ratified.
- New York City is the most linguistically diverse city in the United States, with over 600 different languages spoken across the state.
- The Empire State Building is a famous skyscraper located in Midtown Manhattan that stands at 1,454 feet tall and was completed in 1931.
- The Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square are some of the city’s most recognizable symbols.
- Originally, New York City was called New Amsterda, but once the Bristish took over, it was renamed New York after the Duke of York. It is also known as The Big Apple or the city that never sleeps.
- The New York Public Library has over 53 million items in collections, making it the fourth-largest one in the world.
- New Yorkers are known for their acceptance, diversity, and resilience. They also seem to be in a hurry most of the time, so first-time visitors might be surprised by the fast-paced lifestyle.
- The first pizza shop in the USA was Lombardi’s, it opened in 1905 in Little Italy in Lower Manhattan.
- Niagara Falls is a famous waterfall located on the Niagara River, which forms the border between New York State and Ontario, Canada.
- One World Trade Center, also known as One World Trade, One WTC, and formerly the Freedom Tower, is the tallest building in the country.
- Ellis Island was the primary gateway for immigrants to the United States from 1892 to 1954 and is now a museum and national monument, receiving over 4 million visitors annually.
- The New York Stock Exchange is the world’s largest stock exchange by market capitalization, with a daily trading volume of over $100 billion.
- Hot dogs are a popular street food in New York City, often sold by vendors on the sidewalk. The annual Nathan’s Famous hot dog eating contest takes place on Coney Island on July 4th.
- The East River is a tidal strait that separates Manhattan from Brooklyn and Queens. It is actually not a river, but a saltwater estuary that connects Long Island Sound to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Toilet paper was invented in New York City by Joseph Gayetty in 1857, who marketed it as “Gayetty’s Medicated Paper.”
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT NEW YORK COLORING SHEETS
Facts About New York coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Facts About New York that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Facts About New York PDF FILE
Facts About New York
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Did you enjoy these fun facts about New York?