Let’s learn some interesting facts about the respiratory system! Download and print our coloring pages filled with cool information about the human lungs and the system around them.
These fun facts are a great activity for kids who are curious about how human beings work from the inside out, the body systems, and of course, the respiratory organs. They are especially great for older kids in primary and middle school.
Download: Facts About The Respiratory System
Take a deep breath because we are going to learn about each part of the respiratory system! The human body is an extraordinary machine, and we don’t need to be medical examiners to understand how it works. Did you know that you can get a common cold at any time of the year? And that your right lung is larger than your left lung?
There’s so much to learn! From why the ribs contract to lung function – so let’s get started!
Respiratory System facts FOR KIDS
- The human respiratory system is the network of organs and tissues that help you breathe. The function of the respiratory system is to breathe out carbon dioxide, which is a waste product.
- The respiratory system includes the nasal cavity, voice box, upper respiratory tract, lower respiratory tracct, bronchial tubes, smaller bronchi, and lungs, the only organs in the body that can exchange gases.
- When you breathe in and out, your chest cavity expands and contracts, thanks to the intercostal muscles and chest movement.
- On average, we breathe in about 11,000 liters of air each day.
- Sore throats are caused by different viruses and bacteria, and allergies.
- The average person takes about 20,000 breaths per day.
- The surface area of both lungs is roughly the same size of a tennis court. The total length of the airways is 1,500 miles.
- You can improve your physical ability through regular exercise and proper breathing techniques to expand your lung capacity.
- When we breathe in, tiny hairs in our nasal cavity trap dust and other particles, preventing them from entering our lungs.
- The respiratory system also includes the vocal cords, which vibrate to produce sound when air passes through them.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR RESPIRATORY SYSTEM FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Respiratory System facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Respiratory System facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Respiratory System facts PDF FILE
Facts About The Respiratory System
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- We may never know why kids love opossums so much, but in the meantime, let’s learn some cool opossum facts.
- Who doesn’t love learning fun bird facts? Here are 10 interesting facts about birds for you!
- Enjoy some tacos while you learn these Mexico facts!
- Apollo is so cool, that’s why we also have Apollo facts to print!
- Check out these 4th of July historical facts that also double as coloring pages.
How much did you learn from our facts about the respiratory system list?