Food / 19 September, 2023 / Ellie Thompson
Autumn is here and it’s time to make the most of the last of the summer berries with this Autumn Fruit Galette, courtesy of M&S Food. Creating this spectacular dessert is a breeze, and it’s brimming with the luscious goodness of ripe, juicy fruit. Simply serve six people straight from the oven with a generous scoop of ice cream for an indulgent treat.
How to make an Autumn Fruit Galette
- 200 g Victoria blackberries
- 2 ripe plums destoned and chopped
- 1 apple, cored, sliced
- 45g caster sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 25g cornflour
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 pack all-butter sweet pastry cases
- 1 egg white only, beaten until frothy
- Put a baking sheet into the oven and preheat to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Mix the blackberries, plums, apple, sugar, cornflour and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Unroll the pastry, leaving it on its baking parchment. Keeping a 5cm border of pastry clear around the edge, pile the fruit into the middle. If you like, you can score a pattern into the border of the pastry using a sharp knife.
- Fold the pastry border up and over the fruit, pinching to seal. Take care not to scrunch too much pastry together in the corners. Brush the pastry all over with the beaten egg white, then sprinkle the remaining sugar all over the pastry and fruit.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Carefully slide the galette onto the baking sheet, keeping it on its parchment, then place it back into the oven and bake for 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crispy.
- Cut into slices and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe by M&S Food
Frozen Berry And Coconut ‘Cheesecake’
Charred Asparagus Toasts With Pea Smash